Quilt Archive

Friday, March 20, 2020

Keeping Busy "Sheltering In Place"

Greetings Blog Friends,

It is hard to believe that just two short weeks ago we came home from Florida and things were pretty much normal.  Then, the world as we know it simply exploded!  Massive cancellations of sports events, travel plans, no restaurants, retail shops and bank lobbies closed, and suspension of church services.  How our lives have changed in such a small amount of time!

Denis and I are well as I write this blog.  We've stocked up (but not hoarded) our refrigerator, freezer and pantry.  We've given up eating out for the time being and have pretty much planned to live the next weeks and most possibly months close to home.  We have cancelled planned vacation trips to Minneapolis and to Alaska, and the latter breaks my heart into little pieces!

We've also formulated some plans to keep us busy around here.  I, of course, have my sewing and scrapping and staying home for days on end is OK with me...I'm something of a hermit anyway and Denis had to cajole me out of my warm cocoon to go out at all.  Denis loves to be out and about and is taking this change much harder.   We have decided to indeed go out everyday...in the car just to get away from the four walls.  We will drive somewhere close by, socialize with other drivers (from the safety of our own car) and maybe get some sunshine or an ice cream cone.  We've gone through our stock of jigsaw puzzles and have discovered many we have not assembled, so we'll be working on those.  

We will have one game night per week, several movie nights per week and will try not to dwell on the nightly news too much.

Personally, I have so many sewing and scrapping projects to do that I could be confined for a year and not get them all done (but let's hope it doesn't come to that!!)  As I sit and look around my office/craft room, I see scrapping pages and sewing projects to complete.  



I'm literally overrun with unfinished objects!  My plan:
  • complete UFOs, both scrapping and sewing
  • move on to new projects.
This should keep me going for a number of weeks.  I'll also try very hard to get back into the groove and post my progress weekly.  So, be watching for reports of coming "finishes".

Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment