Quilt Archive

Sunday, July 10, 2016

LULU'S JELLY ROLL RACE

Hello Blog Friends,

This week I have completed the quilt top for my work friend Sally, whom I've known about a year.  Last week I mentioned that I was retiring from my job in September, and am making lasting remembrance gifts for those closest to me.  Sally joined our work family last August, and has been a joy to come to know.  She's faced some adversity lately, as her mother passed away about a month ago.  

For her quilt, I have chosen to make her a throw quilt using the jelly roll race quilt technique.  The fabric line is called Lulu by Chez Moi for Moda Fabrics.  It is rich with pinks, blues, yellow and greens.  I have had this jelly roll for several years, and I decided to use it for Sally's quilt.  The colors and patterns are cheerful and comforting.  Just what Sally will need in the next few months as she mourns her mother's loss.  I have the quilt top finished, and will work on quilting it over the next week.

Here's my progress so far:

Next week...hopefully I'll be able to show you the finished product!

Till then...

No comments:

Post a Comment