Quilt Archive

Monday, July 4, 2016

NORTHWOODS REVISITED

Hello Blog Friends,

I've been sewing again after such a busy spring.  I am retiring from my job in September (86 days, but who's counting? LOL) and have decided to make  some lasting reminders to those who mean so much to me at work.  We are more than co-workers and are very close friends.  

Remember the quilt I made for my young friend, Heather, at work...it was named Northwoods.  Heather is like a daughter to me (she is same age as my youngest, Kerri) and I love her very much.  Here is a picture of the finished quilt:


It was made of the most luxurious flannels I have ever worked with.  They are from the "Winter in the Pines" collection by Holly Taylor for Moda.  These flannels are fantastic!  I had quite a bit of leftover fabric, and had intended to make a couple of matching throw pillows to give with the quilt, but alas, I ran out of time last fall.  So, I've dug those remnants out, and have made two coordinating pillows.  Each pillow is the same block pattern as in the quilt, with outer sashing and cornerstones.  I think they turned out very nicely, and I was able to use up most of my leftovers.  Here they are:


I have another project in the works for the other girl who works in our office, Sally.  She is about 10 years younger than I am, so is like a sister to me.  Although I've known her just about a year, I'm fond of her.   More on her project next week!

See you then....

No comments:

Post a Comment