Quilt Archive

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

VINTAGE CHRISTMAS CARD ALBUM x 3!

Hello Blog Friends,

As I mentioned in the last few posts, I made a Vintage Christmas Card Album not only for me, but as a gift for a friend.  In all, I made 3 such albums, each one unique to itself.  The two books with black covers are similar, using the same pages as bases.  The smaller, brown cover book is a slightly smaller size, and features both printed pages and clear pocket pages.   Each book also includes a title page, a dedication page (to Edna and Elmer, of course!) and a brief history of Edna and Elmer and how I found the cards.  Here is a photo of the three:



Some pages from the second book:




Some pages from the third (brown cover) book:
 This book also featured printed vellum pages.  "Christmas" is such a page.  The white area is a card mat adhered to the back side of the page.   The backside is shown below:

 Even after making three albums, I still had leftover cards.  I used them up by cutting some images and sentiments to fit into the clear pocket pages, like this one.
An example of the cute pre-printed pages in this book.

As you can see, all different and unique, as paper colors and page layouts were dependent on the cards.  This was such a fun project and I just love how they all turned out.  A nice respite from scrapbooking with photos!  Now to wait until next December to gift them at Christmas.

It is back to the sewing machine for me this week.  I'll give a report next post.  Till then...

No comments:

Post a Comment