Quilt Archive

Sunday, February 17, 2019

Stash Buster Mug Mats

Hello Blog Friends!

I have another stash-busting project to report on today.  I present to you...Mug Mats!  Pattern, pre-printed batting and inspirational statements were included in a kit by June Tailor and purchased from Connecting Threads.  These are Quilt As You Go mats with self-bindings.  I had a lot of fun choosing fabrics and sewing these up.  Each one took about an hour.

I made these for my Scrapping Sisters weekend (just completed).

For Bev (sister-in-law also), I chose the pinks and greens and cupcake theme statement because she has a sweet tooth.  "A balanced diet means a cupcake in each hand."

For Lori, I chose the irrepressible Minions with the statement "Always believe that something wonderful is about to happen" because Lori could use a little bit of wonderful about now, as she has just been through some interesting weeks dealing with a broken wrist. 

More of those lovable Minions for JoAnn and Deb.  For the world traveler Deb,  "Every day should be an adventure" and for JoAnn who babysits her grandkids with a happy heart, "Be the reason someone Smiles today"



A Packer themed mat for Maureen, who is a die-hard Packer fan with season tickets out in the elements.  "Make today so Awesome that yesterday gets Jealous"

A pretty floral for Sandy, the newest member of our group.  We are all looking forward to getting to know her better.  "Be your own kind of Beautiful"

And for myself, a sewing theme, of course.  "Dream...Inspire...Share...Smile...Believe...Create"




More from my scrapping weekend next time.  Till then...

No comments:

Post a Comment