Quilt Archive

Monday, February 18, 2019

Vintage Greeting Card Book, Volume II

Greetings, Blog Friends,

I'm back from a very relaxing and productive scrapping weekend with girlfriends at our favorite B&B in northern Wisconsin.  Six of us braved the rain/sleet/snow and papercrafted like crazy while the weather raged outside.  We all completed projects and went home happy, relaxed and pretty proud of ourselves. 

I am happy to report that I completed 3 projects between Thursday afternoon and Saturday night.  
  • Christmas 2018 pages.  Finished and in the album.  I'll share those with you in the next several weeks.  
  • Small Vintage Greeting Card Gift Albums (two).  A smaller version of the book I describe below.  I'll share those with you in the next several weeks.
  • Vintage Greeting Card Album, Volume II.  This album is a companion to Volume I book I made (at this same retreat in January, 2017).  See that post here.  Just as Volume I was dedicated to Christmas cards, Volume II is dedicated to birthday cards received.  Page size is , just big enough for one card on each page.  I used a set of preprinted base pages, some with pre-printed sentiments.  I embellished the pre-printed pages a small amount here and there to help them fit in to the rest of the book.  Here are some of my favorite pages:







This is the inside back cover.



Again, thank you Edna for your vision so many years ago.  I still have a large stack of get well cards and from other holidays and events.  I am planning two more albums with cards before the collection will be complete.

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment