Quilt Archive

Friday, July 12, 2019

Summer Table Mat

Greetings Blog Friends,

So...I joined a Wool Mat of the Month club online.  So what is that?, you ask...
Well, check out Shabby Fabrics online.  They offer the cutest projects, some to be completed by machine and others by hand.  I have admired their wool hand sewing kits and projects for some time.  

I joined the Simply Sweet Wool Mat Club.  They send a pattern and the wool pieces needed to complete the mat.  Each one arrives the first week of each month.  My first mat arrived in May (for June) and featured strawberries.  I did not get to that one, as you know I was busy sewing (check out the posts June Queue Update #1, #2).  My second mat arrived in early June (for July) and fit in so well with my summer decor.  It features a patriotic theme of red and blue stars on an off-white background.  

I decided to switch gears and make this mat.  I have the perfect spot for it...check out this grouping in my hallway niche.  The mat fits perfectly in this spot and anchors my collection of patriotic ornaments.  The mat is sewn totally by hand, including applique of the all pieces and embroidery accents.  I love it!



  
I keep the red, white and blue summer decor up from Memorial Day to Labor Day, so I still have two months to enjoy it.  As for the June mat and others to come, I have a special spot in mind for each one and plan to make them in evenings while relaxing in front of the TV.  

More summer decor to show you next time.  Till then...

No comments:

Post a Comment