Quilt Archive

Saturday, July 6, 2019

June Queue Update, Part 2 and DONE!

Greetings Blog Friends,

More projects from the Queue List to report on:

Project using Pillow Form.  My summer Fireplace decor.  I made another bench pillow cover...this one was totally from the stash.  Pattern:  "America...Land That I Love" by Kimberbell.


Project using Jelly Roll.  The Jelly Roll Rug (above) in Red, White and Blue was also totally from the stash.  The dark blue strips were leftover from the spring rug jelly roll and I cut the remaining strips from fabrics on hand.  I like it...No additional purchases on either hearth project!  (NOTE:  I didn't make the bear in the basket, but I though he made a nice addition to the decor!)

Project using Jelly Roll.  Not a quilt, not a rug, but a Jelly Roll Tote Bag.  I saw this project at a local quilt shop.  The jelly roll was a purchase at Missouri Star Quilt Company, from my recent bus trip in April.  When I saw this jelly roll at MSQC, it grabbed me (red and white, of course).  I bought it and coordinating yardage without a specific project in mind.  The yardage has been put to good use...as my kitchen curtain valance, as strips in the Red, White and Blue rug, and as binding and lining for this bag.  The bag handles has been in the stash for a number of years, just waiting for a project to call home.  The sewing technique is very similar to that of the jelly roll rug.  I changed the pattern up just a bit to add a lining and top binding.  Fabrics from Scarlet Romance collection by Blank Quilting, Bag Handles by Cindy's Button Company, pattern is "Anything Goes" by Aunties Two Patterns.  Size 16" H x 19" L with and 8" side gusset.




Project using a Printed Panel.  Fabrics look familiar?  Yes, these are the last of the leftovers from the A Stitch In Time quilt (see it here) and curtain valances for my craft room.  I've had the panel and pattern for a number of years.  The sewing theme of the fabrics is perfect for it!  I added a lining and the closure flap and done!  With this project, all fabrics in this collection are used up!  Size 18" H x 20 " wide with a 4" side gusset.  Pattern:  Ultimate Quilt Show Tote Bag by Jeanne Coverdale.  Panel is by Block Party Studios Corp.




And so, friends, the June project queue is complete:
One  Two projects involving a jelly rolls.  Hearth rug and tote bag.
One project involves a garment sewing pattern.  Duster housecoat for me!
One project involves gathered eyelet trim.  Accent pillow for craft room decor.
One project involves a printed panel.  Quilt show tote bag, Accent pillow for room.
One  Two projects involving a curtain rod.  Window valances for kitchen and craft room.
More than one project involve pillow forms.  Hearth bench pillow, throw pillows to match Love Is All You Need, accent pillow for craft room.

Our building project is moving along, albeit very slowly.  It's hard to build up any momentum when it rains every other day!  This is the progress as of today:

Floor joists and subfloor done.  The next step is walls.

Yay!  I have a couple more summer sewing projects (hopefully quick ones!) for this week, then on to July's focus...scrapbooking!

Till next time.....


No comments:

Post a Comment