Quilt Archive

Saturday, June 29, 2019

June Queue Update No. 1

Greetings Blog Friends!

I'm moving along with the June Queue projects.  Here is what has been completed so far:

Project using gathered eyelet trim.  Accent decor for my craft room.  The pillow front was part of a fat quarter bundle I got years ago.  I have since passed on the fat quarters and have been wondering what to do with this one.  I used it for free motion practice, then decided it would make a cute 12" x 16" accent pillow for my craft room.  I'm displaying it atop my display shelf.


Project using pillow forms. (coordinate with All You Need Is Love quilt).  Made with left over fabrics and the pillow forms were $1 each at a recent quilt show.



Project using curtain rods. Window valances for my craft room/office.  Fabrics from the Stonehenge It's A Stitch collection.  This is the third project to use this fabric line.  There is a quilt and a zip top tote bag also made of this collection.

Project using a curtain rod.  My kitchen consists of white cabinets, gray quartz countertop, gray vinyl plank flooring, black appliances and red, red, red accents (including red knobs on drawers and cabinet doors).  I needed a little pop of color above the window and also to hide the unattractive but functional pot light above the sink.  This fabric was a recent purchase on my bus trip in April to Missouri Star Quilt Company.  It is from the Scarlet Romance collection by Blank Quilting.  I came home with a jelly roll (see next week's post) and 3 yards of fabric.  This was one use for some of it.


Project using a garment sewing pattern.  Summer robe for Me! (see the detailed post on this here).  I love it and have been using it each morning.



And...an update on the room addition construction: Concrete is poured and cured.  Our builder will hopefully be able to start actual construction this coming week...if he can dodge the raindrops long enough!  

I'll report on the remainder of the June Queue next week.  Till then...

No comments:

Post a Comment