Quilt Archive

Sunday, June 2, 2019

Sew Suessical

Great Day in the Morning, Blog Friends!

Today I want to share my latest sewing project, but first a little background...remember the bus trip I went on in April to Missouri Star Quilt Company?  See that post here.  Well, I found some great fabric in one of the shops and bought enough to make pillowcases, five in all.  

This fabric is based on the Dr. Suess classic, "Oh! The Places You'll Go".  I love this book as a graduation gift, something whimsical for the graduate.  The first of five high school graduations is looming on the horizon, grandson Conner will graduate in 2021.  After that, the other four grands will follow suit, one each year until Bridget in 2025.  Well, you can imagine how bulky 8 yards of fabric is and how much space it takes up in my fabric cupboard!  I decided to make all the pillowcases up now, so they will be done when I need them and take up less storage space.  All are made with the same main and lower fabric, but each one has a different color for the accent strip between the two.  

I plan to pair each pillowcase with the book and some CA$H as my gift for a job well done.  

How is that for planning ahead and being prepared?  I think I'll give myself a gold star for that!

A new project new time...till then...

No comments:

Post a Comment