Quilt Archive

Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Mug Rug Meow Style

Greetings Blog Friends,

I have a quick share for you today...another Christmas gift in the bag!  I have a friend I have known for over 50 years, we met in 7th grade.  She loves cats and I've decided to make her this cute little mug rug for Christmas, complete with a cute little cat mug!


Yes, these fabrics do look familiar.  They are the leftovers (and a couple of extras) from the kitty place mat I showed you just a few weeks ago.  See that post 
here.  It is made using printed "Quilt-As-You-Go" batting from June Tailor, Inc.  I used one mat from the set of Inspirational Mug Mats, only instead of the saying that came with the kit, I substituted the blue cat fabric.  I found the cat mug at an online shop.

I'll add some chocolate candies to the mug and a cat calendar with this, and voila, one more Christmas gift is on the "done" list.  Hooray!

Next time...CORONA!

No comments:

Post a Comment