Quilt Archive

Sunday, September 6, 2020

A Special Quilt for a Special Grandson

 Greetings Blog Friends,

This week I wanted to share the finished quilt to be gifted to my grandson, Conner.  He is in the final phase of completing his Boy Scout Eagle rank, a high honor indeed.  To commemorate this achievement, I have made him a personalized quilt.  It is intended as a wall quilt for looking at only and my husband Denis is making a quilt hanger for it.


This quilt is made from the Modern Scouting fabric line by Riley Blake Designs.  I've had the fabrics for over a year and took them with me to Florida, where I worked on the quilt top.  Pattern is by Melissa Corry of Happy Quilting.  See her blog 
here).  I changed up her original pattern a bit so I could add the personalization boxes.  The patterns for the letters were cut using my Cricut machine and were appliqued with a buttonhole stitch.  This is a "no waste" quilt.  I used up many of the leftovers on the back and also in a throw pillow to match.  Nothing was left.   Size 55" x 64".


Quilting was a blend of free motion on the center panel with straight line outlining the letter boxes and on the diagonals.  A hanging sleeve was added to the back.

I think it turned out pretty good.  I hope Conner will think so as well.  It is my hope that it will hang someday in his own home, both as a reminder of his achievement and of the love and respect his grandmother has for him.

A fun little project is in the queue for next time.  'Til then....

No comments:

Post a Comment