Quilt Archive

Sunday, September 27, 2020

Serendipity

Greetings Blog Friends,

I have another quilt finish to share with you today.  I call it "Serendipity" because the prints exude happiness.  The fabrics are from the Perfectly Seasoned fabric line by Moda.  They feature deep rich colors of teal, purple and orange.  

I bought this as a kit from a quilt shop that was going out of business, so it came at a pretty good price!  It is a simple strip pattern, which I changed around a bit.   I chose to quilt it using a free motion open stipple from edge to edge and added a fun stripe from the same fabric line as binding.  Finished size 54" x 59".  


Here are the pillows that go with it!




I originally purchased this with the intention of using the quilt as a donation piece at one of our scrap-booking retreats.  Upon further reflection, however, I changed my mind and for now it will remain at home with me.  I might still give it away, or I might keep it...I guess it depends on circumstances and which way the wind is blowing at the time!  😊

Next time...a craft room makeover!  Yay!  'Til then...


No comments:

Post a Comment