Quilt Archive

Sunday, October 4, 2020

Sewing Room Makeover

 Greetings Blog Friends,

Yes! the makeover of my Craft Room/Office is complete, and I have moved back in!  So far, I like the change from carpet to the smooth vinyl plank flooring.  It is easy to clean (5 minutes with the Swiffer) and my chair rolls really well, too!  

As we moved the furniture out of the room to prep for this project, we noticed a few things that needed some TLC and repair.  First, the sewing cabinet has some breakage where one of the front wheels is located.  We think that happened during the move two years ago.  But, lucky for me, the maker of the piece (hubby Denis) was readily available to repair it!  We didn't notice the damage before since it was too difficult to move it (wheels on carpet).  Now that it has been repaired and can easily pull out from the wall, I can utilize the large back piece when I'm quilting larger items.

There was some wall repair needed...some nicks and gouges which happened also from the move, I suspect.  So, out came the spackle and paint, and Voilá, like new again!

Several of my upright cabinets needed a little TLC also.  How lucky I am to have Denis to help with those small fixes.  

I've been on scrapping retreat again.  More on that next time... 

No comments:

Post a Comment