Quilt Archive

Sunday, December 13, 2020

Bucilla Felt Stocking Class of 2020

 Greetings Blog Friends,

I want to share some of the hand sewing I've been working on the past few months (actually since June).  These are the four felt Christmas stockings that I have completed:

Christmas Birds

Classic Nutcracker

Fishing Santa

Lodge Santa.  This one will be an extra gift for grandson Conner this year.  He will be 18 and is still using the stocking I made and gave to him when he was a baby!  He is an avid fisherman, so this one is a perfect fit!  This was Conner's old one:  

I have been making and gifting these Bucilla felt stockings for over 40 years.  My daughters, sons-in-law, grandchildren, parents, close friends, husband and myself all have at least one, some of us are on our second one!  Each new member of my family or circle gets one (as well as Betty the cat, Dino Sinclair, the traveling Dinosaur and Morty our resident sock monkey).  No one is left out!




These, along with the quilts that I make, are going to be the legacy that I leave behind.  There will come a time when the grandchildren will get married and have children of their own.  I have started to produce and will stockpile these stockings to insure that the tradition and legacy they represents continues long after I can no longer make them.  I will continue to make them all year round and will share a bit of Christmas with you throughout the year.  

More hand-made goodness next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment