Quilt Archive

Sunday, December 20, 2020

Christmas Decor FAIL and Re-do

 Greetings Blog Friends,

As crafters, we all have had things that we designed, made, then realized our vision did not translate well to the finished product...aka FAIL.  Well, my Christmas bench pillow project from last year was one of those!  Here's a picture of that:


As you can see, the house doily just doesn't show up well on the light background.  I made a vow last Christmas to take it apart, and redo the background.  Well, the project sat waiting until...you guessed it...it was time once again to decorate for the holidays.  My house décor was complete except for a naked bench pillow!  

I'm happy to report that my bench pillow is now properly and appropriately clothed.  I basically remade the entire cover.  I pulled all fabrics from my stash, removed the house doily from the old cover, appliqued it to the new background fabric, did some minimal quilting to keep the layers in place, and voilá, the new finished product!


My living room décor is now complete!

Another fun hand sewing project to share for next time.  'Til then...

No comments:

Post a Comment