Quilt Archive

Wednesday, April 28, 2021

 Greetings Blog Friends!

Today I'm sharing a quick handbag project with you.  This one definitely qualifies for UFO status, I have had it since October 2018.  I saw this finished bag as a sample in a quilt shop in Portland, Oregon.  I can still remember the shop!  This bag spoke to me and said "Kim".  I bought the kit with the intention of making it for her as a birthday gift! Kim and family visit Florida at least one a year and is perfect for a travel handbag!



The pattern is called (quite aptly) Barbados Bag by Pink Sand Beach Designs.  Fabrics are batiks in tropical colors of greens and blues.  Finished size of the bag is  10 1/2" wide, 10" tall, 2" deep.  It can be worn as a shoulder bag, but the strap is long enough for cross-body use.  What I like about this bag is the number of pockets.  There is a zip pocket and a large flat pocket on the front, two flat pockets on the back and two pockets inside.  The bag has a zip top closure with double lines of top stitching detail on the outside of the bag.  It was a fun and fairly simple bag to make.  The pattern was very well done and included detailed instructions in each step, along with color photos.  

It might be a bag that I will make again for myself.  

A report from Scrapping Retreat next post.'til then...


No comments:

Post a Comment