Quilt Archive

Sunday, April 18, 2021

Quilter's Cottage Progress Report

 Greetings Blog Friends!

I am very excited to show you the progress on the Quilter's Cottage project.  You've been patiently following along all these months, and now I can show you the assembled top.  

I am very happy with the way it turned out!  This project is definitely a study in consistent seam allowances!  All blocks and pieces fit together well with very little to no adjustments.  



The quilt is still missing it's outer borders.  I will be using this quilt in a very specific place and still need to adjust the borders to accommodate the space.  I'll add the outer borders before sending it off to the longarm quilter.  Yes, this is one I am not going to tackle myself.  It is my "pride and joy" and deserves to have a high quality quilting job done on it.  

The goal for this project is to have outer borders and backing ready by May 1 and back from the quilter and hung by mid June.  

Next week, a report from Scrapbooking Retreat!  'Til then...

No comments:

Post a Comment