Quilt Archive

Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Out with the Old, In with the New aka: Sewing Machine Upgrade

Greetings Blog Friends,

I'm happy to say that I've stimulated the economy...in a big way.  After several trips to the repair shop since December and still another sewing failure, I came to the realization that I needed a new main sewing machine.

It was time to retire Grace…she was the workhorse machine for me.  I have sewn on her for 12 years and have made countless quilts and other projects with her.  I think she just plain wore out!

So, I took the plunge and invested in what will probably be my last new sewing machine.  It is another Viking, and Epic 980Q, with many upgraded features, but also retaining some familiar ones.  Of course, Grace2’s footprint is different, and will not fit into my custom-built sewing cabinet.  Not to worry, however, since I know that man who made it.  Yes, a new project for Denis…to retrofit the cabinet to the new sewing machine.  I have also decided to keep my mother’s machine (aptly named Fran) as a backup.  It has such beautiful stitch quality and is perfect for straight sewing.  I’ll use Grace2 for the fancy stuff.

So, Farewell, Grace, and Thank You for the Memories.  Welcome Grace2 and I look forward to making some beautiful things together.

'Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment