Quilt Archive

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Ice Storm and Daffodils

Greetings all!

I've been busy the past few nights working on a project (unrelated to sewing or scrapping) for my daughter, so I haven't had much time for sewing this week.  This morning we woke up to no power and a nice little coating of ice on everything.  Power was restored about noon-ish.  The daytime temps didn't get much above freezing, so the trees have stayed pretty much as they were early this morning. 
 

Icicles on the deck 6:00 am this morning.
My poor Arbor Vitae all bent over.  Large pine trees in back all broken.
My front yard tree, a thing of ethereal beauty.
My daffodils are ready to bloom, as you can see.  I hope they are hearty enough to withstand this ice storm and some cold weather.
 
Weather service is predicting more of same starting overnight tonight and all the way through Friday.  Old Man Winter, release your grip!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment