Quilt Archive

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Barn Quilt Quest 2013, part 5

Hello Blog Friends! 

Today is my birthday!  I celebrated by working at my job all day, but then was rewarded with a really good steak dinner at George's Steak House in Appleton.  They have by far the best steak in the valley.  See their website here.  They have great ambience and a piano in the bar.  You can sing along on Friday and Saturday nights.  A totally great place!  We go there on special occasions like birthdays, anniversaries, etc.

Back to the barns.  We encountered some odd and unusual barn quilts on our trek through Shawano County:
This representation of an eagle was named Freedom.

The aptly named Candy Corn Windmill.

I scream, You scream, We all Scream for Ice Cream.
 
No doubt you're tiring of these barn quilts by now.  One last post tomorrow with my final thoughts and personal favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment