Quilt Archive

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Barn Quilt Quest 2013, part 3

Hello Blog Friends!

As I mentioned in the last post, we noticed many barn quilts with patriotic or American themes.  Here are some we found most interesting:  NOTE:  I'm showing you the close-up shot on these, so you can see the detail (without squinting, that is!).

 
Americana
 Patriotic Star

 
Pinwheel Flag
 
Old Glory Chevron

Liberty Banner

Never Forget.  This one with the crossed swords was painting and hung in honor of the barn owner's great grandfather, who served in the Civil War.

Patriotic Prairie Star
 
 
We also saw some barn quilts with animal themes, rightly so given the quilt are hanging on barns in farm country.  I'll share these animal themed barn quilts in my next post.  (Probably not tomorrow, tho...I'm off to granddaughter Bridget's Kindergarten graduation.  A must attend event!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment