Quilt Archive

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Barn Quilt Quest 2013, part 2

Hello Blog Friends and welcome to Barn Quilt Quest, part 2.  I don't have much to say today...I thought I'd let the pictures do most of the talking.  Enjoy.
This one is called Original Five Pointed Star.

Steps to the Stars

Sunflowers

All Star Array

This barn and its quilt is one of our favorites.  It was just so lovely with its brown painted siding and fieldstone base against the lush green foliage.  Mom and I are "autumns", meaning we like earth tones in these hues.  I just love the way the barn doors are painted to coordinate with the block.  This quilt is named Indian Paintbrush.
 
Most of the barns we saw were painted the traditional red.  Many were freshly painted, as if to spruce up in honor of the block that was hung.  We also saw, however, barns painted in white, black, brown, and some not painted at all, with just weathered barn boards.
 
American Pride was a very prominent theme.  We saw a number of blocks sporting red, white, blue, stars and stripes themes. Next post I will share some of the patriotic quilt blocks we photographed.
 
Until then, enjoy.....

No comments:

Post a Comment