Quilt Archive

Sunday, December 29, 2013

New Zoo Memory Book

Greetings Blogger Friends,

I have another scrapping project to share with you.  This is another accordion book that I made for Denis' brother and his wife.  They live in Iron Mountain, MI and came down to Suamico (NW of Green Bay) for a one day bus trip last summer to the New Zoo (follow this link to see their website).  Denis and I met them there and spent a few hours visiting with them and the animals.  My favorite thing was the Albino Alligator and Bev's was feeding the giraffes.

This book is an accordion book, which means the front and back cover and inner pages are all attached.  It is the 9" x 9" size and is sold by Close to My Heart (now retired, but you can still find them occasionally on eBay).  There are a total of 8 pages to the book, including the front and back cover.

Here are some of the pages from the book:


 Front cover.
 
 When I make a small theme book like this, I like to use the same paper packet throughout.  This paper packet is called Miracle (retired) from Close to My Heart.
 
 
I also used the coordinating sticker sheets to the Miracle Paper Packet.  Add a few sparkle brads, and the page is done!
 
Here's Bev feeding the giraffes.

My favorite, the Albino Alligator.  His name is Lucky, but I think it should be "Whitey".

My favorite page of the entire album is also the back cover. 

Overall, I'm very happy with how this book turned out.  Gordon and Bev liked it too.  It is a nice memento of a pleasant afternoon.

More show and tell next time...See you then and thanks for looking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment