Quilt Archive

Friday, January 3, 2014

Shawano Barn Quilt Flip Album

Hello Blog Friends,

Well, 2014 is off to quite a start, weather-wise.  The East Coast of the US has been buried in snow, now for the second time this winter.  And, here in the Midwest, we are bracing for the deep freeze to descend on us! 

I'm sharing the last of my Christmas projects ... a 6" x 6" flip book of the barn quilts of Shawano County.  You all might remember that Denis, Mom and I visited Shawano County this past Memorial Day weekend.  Here are some of the pages I made for this flip book (yep...you guessed it... this book is also made by Close to My Heart company).

Here are some of my favorites:
This is the front cover.

Inside front cover.








I have done scrapbook pages in the 6", 9" and 12" sizes, and by far the hardest to make (surprisingly) is the 6" x 6" size.  It becomes a bit of a challenge to make a smaller page all the while keeping your photo large enough to be seen.  I used up a number of scrap papers that I had, too, on some of the pages.  In many instances, the papers coordinated perfectly with the barn or quilt on it.  I also wanted to list the name of the block on each page, and used stickers, stamps, cut out letters, and computer printouts to accomplish that.  Pages are embellished with wood shapes, brads, buttons, and rubber stamp images.

This was a fun project and now I can't wait to make my own Shawano County barn quilt memory book. 

Now it's time to move on to the next project...but what will it be...quilting or scrapbooking?  Stay tuned for the answer!

No comments:

Post a Comment