Quilt Archive

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Heather's Jewel Box, Top Done

Hello Blogger friends!

Well, we are back in the deep freeze again...it's COLD outside.  But, it is warm here in my office/craft room, and the sewing machine has been humming...

I wanted to share this photo of Heather's Jewel Box.  As you can see, the top is done.


I think it turned out rather well.  And the photograph doesn't really do it justice.  The colors are rich and deep, just like jewels.  I hope to take the final photo (once binding is done) outside in natural light.  Once the backing and binding is one, it will finish to 56" x 68".  And just when will that be, you ask???

Well...I am already working hard on my next project. More on that next post.  

My plan is to put together another couple of quilt tops and make a tote bag for myself.  Then, I need to take the sewing machine in for an oiling and adjustment.  I'll finish the quilts started so far once the machine comes home again. 

Next time I'll give you a sneak peak to Snack Attack!  See you then...

2 comments:

  1. I'm trying this out to see if my comment comes through. The quilt looks fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete