Quilt Archive

Friday, March 22, 2013

Flower Power

Here is a cute child's quilt that I made in 2009 for a special little girl in my life.  She is Crystal, the daughter of a co-worker and friend. 


It is made of flannels, and the pattern is an adaptation of one called "Slice of Summer”, from the book The Thimbleberries Guide for Weekend Quilters by Lynette Jensen.
I chose to make this quilt in a color scheme that used only four colors or patterns.  The original pattern called for 3” finished squares in the center checkerboard, and I increased the size to 4” squares.  The quilt label was also pieced and made of fabric remnants and the lettering was done on my Viking sewing machine.  A minimal amount of quilting was used, as I wanted to keep the quilt soft and supple.

No comments:

Post a Comment