Quilt Archive

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

2019 Family Colorado Trip Scrapbook

Greeting Blog Friends,

Our family trip to Colorado this past summer was such a wonderful experience for all.  Although we exchanged photos (digital versions), I felt a real, tangible scrapbook you can hold, touch and look at was in order.  So, I made not one, but three and these were gifted to each of the girls at Christmas.

I used a small scale "crush" book from Close to My Heart.  It comes with preprinted 7" x 10" pages in a variety of colors, patterns, sayings.  The pages are not in chronological order because I tried to fit the subject matter of the photos to the printed pages.  I think the resulting pages turned out great!  Included on the pages are photos, cardstock and patterned papers from my scrapbooking stash (many were scraps and leftovers from other projects), pamphlets, stickers, cricut cutouts and stamped images.  I concentrated on the many group photos we took, and added a few others on each layout.  Most layouts were two pages.  These three books took me about a month to complete, working on them in between the sewing projects.  Here are some of my favorite pages, although I liked them all:












Next up:  the 2019 Stash Busting Report and a look ahead to 2020.  Till then...

No comments:

Post a Comment