Quilt Archive

Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Oregon Trip Mini Scrapbook, Take Two

Greetings Blog Friends,

As I hinted to you last post, I have been busy working on a small scale scrapbooking project, meant for a birthday gift for my oldest daughter Kristy.  Her birthday was the 14th, so I needed to spend some long days in the craft room, printing pictures and making pages.  I finished it on the 13th, one day to spare, although we didn't get together for her birthday until the 15th.  

The base book is a Close To My Heart product, with printed pages with varying sayings, motifs, etc.  The color palette for these pages was somewhat limited...to gray, blue, aqua green, and a very neon yellow!  I used some of the pages as is and altered many.  I hit the paper stash for inspiration and found some great papers that worked perfectly.  Here is a sample of the raw, unfinished pages: 

The subject matter for this book is our trip together to Portland, Oregon for a week in October, 2018.  She went for a work conference, and I went to keep her company in the evenings.  We managed to do quite a bit and fill up the book!  We drove around Portland, spent time in the park (along the river) just across from our downtown hotel, drove along the Columbia River Gorge, did some wine tasting, visited Mt. Hood, browsed in Powell's huge bookstore, saw a Broadway musical, and ate some good food.  I made my keepsake book (another small scale book) last March at our scrapping retreat in Crivitz.  

Here are some of my favorite pages:






Back to sewing now...more on that next post.  Till then... 

No comments:

Post a Comment