Quilt Archive

Sunday, January 5, 2020

More Christmas Gift Recap

Greetings Blog Friends,

Just when you just about had enough of seeing my blog posts in your mailbox, here I am again!  Aren't you lucky??

I have a couple more Christmas finishes to share with you.

This one is a felt stocking that I made for Denis' niece Heather.  I've had this stocking kit from Bucilla (top of the line in felt kits!) for a number of months, and worked on it this fall.  These are totally all hand sewn with care and with love.  My favorite time to stitch at night is during Sunday Night, Monday Night and Thursday Night Football games. This one is called "Ornamental Reindeer" and is 18" long.




I have made many of these felt stockings for family and friends.  You'd think I'd be done by now, but NO!  I have collected a series of religious themed stockings (Nativity, Wise Men, Angels, Noah's Ark) and a series of Santas (Arctic Santa, Nordic Santa, Winter Santa, Woodland Santa and Santa on the Beach).  I already hang a Patriotic Santa as part of my summer decor.  The only question is, which series to make first?  Maybe I'll do some of each.  Either way, these are going to be for my decorative use, and will be passed on to my heirs when my time comes.  These, along with the quilts and scrapbooks that I have made, will be my legacy to my family.  For now, however, I'm going to keep my mind and fingers busy during the year and get started on my stocking stash.  You'll be seeing more of these during the year as they are finished.  

The second finish is a set of 3 pillows I made for my girls.  I originally bought 3 t-shirts with these cute sayings on them, but the shirts came in very small!  Instead of sending them back, however, I made 18" pillows out of them!  This way, they will enjoy both the pillow and the memory of the day more often.

Kristy is the oldest sister and hers says "I'm the Oldest Sister.  I make the rules."

Kim is the middle sister and hers says "I'm the Middle Sister.  I'm the reason we have rules."

Kerri is the youngest sister and hers says "I'm the Youngest Sister.  Rules don't apply to me."  



I made each pillow with the same fabric, wrapped each with the same paper and put them all in the same box.  Such fun!!

These three are the lights of my life.  


On this happy and nostalgic note, I bid you au revoir until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment