Quilt Archive

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Cocoa and Cream Flannel Quilt

Hello Blog Friends,

I've been away from the blog for a few day, spending my time getting ready for a big rummage sale this weekend.  There is sets of dishes, scrapbooking, stamping and sewing stuff, housewares, a kitchen hutch, and lots and lots of misc.  It took quite a bit of time for set up and pricing.

I thought I'd share a quilt I made for my oldest daughter, Kristy, for her birthday in 2012.  She had recently been divorced, and was alone for her January birthday last year.  When I saw the sewn sample of this quilt, it reminded me of her, as she loves snowmen, and one of her favorite color combinations is blue and brown. 
 
 
I purchased the fabric and pattern as a kit from Piece by Piece Quilt Shop in Appleton.  It is made of flannels from the "I Love Snow Collection" by Henry Glass.  Finished size is 56" x 68".  It was made using a panel that required some fussy-cutting.  I had enough fabric left over to make a matching pillow.  You can see a close up of the fabrics in the photo of the pillow.


I used a cross-hatch quilting pattern on the quilt, since I wanted it to remain soft and cuddly (Kristy is a blankie girl in the winter).  I used one of the fancy stitches on my machine for some of the quilting (in the borders and in the corners.)  I chose a stitch that reminded me of a snowflake.

I had fun making this quilt.  I got to work with my favorite fabric...flannel!




No comments:

Post a Comment