Quilt Archive

Wednesday, January 6, 2021

January 2021 Queue

Greetings Blog Friends,

As we now hunker down and watch the snow pile up and the temperatures drop, I have designated January as a sewing month.  I have a few projects in the queue for January:

Winter Theme Masks.  For me, my girls, and friends.

Wedding Keepsake Pillow.  For a special young lady in Australia.  This will be one of my first finishes for the month.  It needs to be mailed by Feb. 1.

Winter Table Runner called Tree Shimmer in pretty shades of blues.  This has been waiting in the stash since winter 2020!



Pumpkins Wall Hanging.  This one has been in the stash since 2016 .  It was purchased by daughter Kristy and is done in all grays and browns, her colors.  Her decorating style is what I like to call Urban Farmhouse and this will fit in perfectly!  I've been waiting in vain for her to come to help with the sewing, but I don't think it's going to happen.  So, this winter, I'll sew it up myself and she'll get a wall quilt holder from Denis as a bonus! 


Perfectly Pieced Wall Hanging.  I purchased this in Panama City Beach, FL in 2019.  This is all done in Maywood Woolies Flannels.  All applique will be done by hand as many of the pieces are very small.  This will share the quilt hanger with Corona (they will take turns).


Two baby quilts.  Commissioned by Kerri, who has friends who are both having babies in March.  For one, I will use up some of the leftover flannels from another project along with some purchased yardage.  The other will be made with a jelly roll I've had for several years featuring pinks, purples, aqua blues and large print flowers.  Both are perfect for baby girls!






I'll keep you posted as to my progress during the month.  'Til next time...





No comments:

Post a Comment