Quilt Archive

Sunday, January 17, 2021

January Queue Revisited

Greetings Blog Friends,

I'm happy to report progress on the January Queue list:

  • Winter Masks.  Fabrics chosen, but not sewn.
  • Table Runner(s).  Finished and on display!  I bought this as a kit a couple years ago from a local quilt shop.  It is made from the pattern Tree Shimmer by Jennifer Sampou and uses fabrics from her Winter Shimmer line by Robert Kaufman fabrics.  I quilted each piece with invisible nylon thread, so not to disturb the look of the appliqued trees in the design.  I am very conservative when I cut fabrics for projects and can usually get better than expected yield when cutting (a skill I learned in my youngest days making garments).  With careful placement and planning, I was able to get two runners from the fabrics in the kit.  The long runner on my dining room table measures 18" x 70 1/2" and the smaller runner is 18" x 35" and fits perfectly on my china cabinet.  There was literally no waste to this project.  All the fabric in the kit was used for the runners and pieced backings.  The only leftovers were (8) 5" charms to go back into the stash.  I got both bindings out of 1/2 yard of fabric and had about 4" to spare. 







  • Wedding Pillow.  Finished and ready to mail!  This is a counted cross stitch piece and measures 7" x 9".  I picked up the fabrics for the pillow at a quilt show a couple of years ago and they coordinate very well with the colors in the stitched piece.  I added some lace around the edge to fancy this up a bit.  I am hoping Lara will like this keepsake!  I will ship it off to Australia this week.





  • Pumpkins Wall Hanging.  No Progress yet, but I'm hoping to start on it before the end of the month.
  • Perfectly Pieced.  Fabrics have been fondled, but not cut yet. 😀  I don't know if I'll get to this one in January, but I love the feel of the flannels, so I don't mind playing with them for a while yet!  LOL
  • Baby Quilts.  In  Process.  Fun, simple designs that should be quick finishes!
I've been squeezing in a couple of smaller projects here and there.  More on those next week.  'Til then...


No comments:

Post a Comment