Quilt Archive

Sunday, January 3, 2021

Quilting on the Wall

Greetings Blog Friends!

I have some new décor items to share with you!  Well, not exactly new, but being displayed in a new way. 

Remember CORONA (the quilt, not the virus), the quilt I made earlier this year as part of a quilt-along?  It has been finished since August and waiting patiently for it's quilt hanger to be made.  I'm happy to report that husband Denis has made it's hanger and it is now on display in my office/craft/sewing room.  It hangs just above and partially behind my collection of vintage children's schoolbooks.  I love it and gaze at it every day.


Christmas Memories.  This quilt was made for Christmas last year (2019) and was displayed for a few weeks, then put away in storage until December rolled around again.  I fell in love with it again this year, just as I did last year.  When displayed on my living room quilt rack, you can't see the entire quilt, especially the borders (and I think they are what really make this quilt pop!)  So, I asked husband Denis for another quilt hanger, found some suitable flannel in my stash and added a hanging sleeve.  It really added the "WOW" factor to my holiday living room décor.  I'll be putting all Christmas decorations away soon, but will leave this quilt hanging for awhile.  It adds so much warmth to the room! 


And now, of course,  I'll have my work cut out for me...to make seasonal quilts to hang in its place.  To no one's surprise I'm sure,  I have some already in the stash!  LOL

January Queue up next.   'Til next time....


No comments:

Post a Comment