Quilt Archive

Saturday, January 2, 2021

Quilts for Christmas 2020

Greetings Blog Friends!

I have exciting projects to share with you!  Since I have gifted the following quilts to their rightful owners, I can now show you what I've been up to this fall:

1.  Harry Potter, Wizard of Gryffindor.  This was made as a wall quilt, complete with wall quilt holder, for my daughter Kim.  She loves everything Harry Potter.  The main blocks were purchased on Etsy, the setting and quilting was my own simple design.  I used Moda Marbles in Black for sashing and outer border.  Finished size:  52" x 64".  Quilting was done in long one way diagonal lines spaced 2" apart.  A matching pillow accompanied the quilt.


2.  Stag at Sunrise.  This quilt was made from flannel stash 10" layer cake squares, some left over from other projects, some cut from yardage I had.  The top row featuring the stag and rising sun was my design, loosely based on the pattern Sunrise Stag by Nite Owl Quilting.  I cut the patterns for the stag and trees using my Cricut machine.  All elements in the top section were appliqued to the blue background using a tight zig-zag stitch.  Sunlight rays were quilted in the center section, with loose free motion lines in the dawning sky in the other areas.  The lower block section was quilted with a cross hatch grid.  Finished size:  58" x 74".



3.  Penelope Pachyderm.  This quilt was made for my youngest daughter, Kerri.  She loves elephants!  It is a wall quilt, again complete with wall quilt hanger. 
This is a foundation paper pieced quilt with 97 foundation units in all.  The pattern is is Elephant Abstractions by Violet Craft.  She is quilted with straight parallel Lines 1” apart from top to bottom.  This quilt took me more than a month to make.  Finished size: 54” x 60”.



Quilt hangers courtesy of husband Denis.  The hangers for Kim and Kerri both feature a flat top shelf for display.  These are shown on my quilt hanger just for photographs only.

More quilting on the wall next time.  'Til then...


No comments:

Post a Comment