Quilt Archive

Thursday, January 28, 2021

Quick Filler Projects

 Greetings Blog Friends,

Do you ever feel so bogged down with the list and subsequent pile of UFOs and projects?  And don't know where or how to start?  My January queue was much like that, most of the projects listed there are larger ones, and that means hours and hours of work before the finished product exists!  That thought alone can be depressing and can also hold you back from starting.  I have a cure that works for me...small, quick-finish projects to jump start the creative process!  This week, I have several to share with you:

Rae Dunn Pillow.  I gave my daughter a very nice collection of Rae Dunn items for Christmas.  One was a mug with a printed towel set.  The towel is not one she planned to use and said to me, "What am I going to do with this?"  Well, when faced with an interesting piece of fabric that needs a use....make a pillow, of course.  So, I cut off a portion to make a square, added some fabric and and a pillow form...and voilà, a decorative keepsake is born!



Folded star decorative pot holders.  You might remember that I made one of these folded stars for a friend for Christmas.  Well, I liked it so much that I made several for myself.  The red/black/white one coordinates perfectly with my kitchen and the blue/yellow/red one is just because I like the fabrics and color combination so much.  I'll use it for décor in the summer.  Pattern is by PlumEasy Patterns, it is all done by machine. 


Winter theme kitchen towel.  Here is the next installment in the decorative kitchen towel series, this time in winter blues.  And, yes, you do recognize the deer and trees print.  It is made from a remnant piece that matches the pair of table runners from last week's post.


These small and quick projects are just what I needed to get me working again!  The baby quilts are still in process and I'll show you those next week!  'Til then...

No comments:

Post a Comment