Quilt Archive

Friday, January 22, 2021

Not Just for Christmas Anymore!

Greetings Blog Friends,

Here is another Bucilla brand Felt Christmas stocking finish.  This one is named Snowflake Snowman, kit is from 2007.  He has been in my stash for several years.  He joins his other wintry friends on my fireplace mantle.



He finishes at 18" and is fully lined.  No name is added to this one, since it is for my own use as seasonal (winter) décor
.  However, a name tag is made, ready for personalization  and stored inside for future use.

I like to keep busy at night while watching TV shows, movies, or football games.  (Now that the season is winding down, I'm already missing my Monday, Thursday and Sunday night football!!) Instead of just staring at the TV, I keep my mind engaged and my hands moving by doing hand embroidery and hand sewing projects.  An added bonus is that I keep my production level up, too.

I have big plans for 2021 in terms of hand sewing/embroidery at night:
  • 6 felt stockings in a religious (nativity) theme, one of which I will have to design myself.
  • 3 felt stockings in a summer theme
  • 1 vintage felt tree skirt to complement my newly acquired vintage tree (I'll show you this later in the year.)  This one I will also work on during the day, as it is a large project and needs to be ready for display by Thanksgiving.
  • 1 Cross stitch piece, a gift from a young friend in Russia
Busy hands are happy hands!  'Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment